View Single Post

Old 07-04-2021, 06:52 AM

Total Downloaded: 54.07 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin WS View Post
Not much left to do now. Just the sub-assemblies and pillars to come together and we are finished!

Dry fitting the pieces, I decided the best way to go about the final assembly was to proceed as follows.

a) Stick the roof and the one floor to the TOPS of each of the two buildings
b) Then glue the two building parts together.
c) Then insert and glue the pillars in place between the 1st Floor and roof. These are not a tight fit, so this is relatively easy.
c) Then glue the completed building to the base and insert the last 4 pillars between the Ground Floor and the 1sr Floor.

And the method worked out really well!

Picture 1 - The base, Ground Floor building and 4 pillars ready to go.

Picture 2 - The 1st Floor, 1st Floor building and the roof, plus the 4 pillars for this floor.

Picture 3 - This shows the Ground Floor with the 1st Floor stuck on top.

Picture 4 - Likewise, the 1st Floor building with the roof stuck on top.

Picture 5 - A general view of the parts at this stage. From the bottom left, going clockwise - the base, the 1st Floor with the roof stuck on, the Ground Floor with the 1st Floor (its roof!) stuck on, and lastly the 8 pillars.

Picture 6 - I then glued the 1st Floor to the Ground Floor, and then after the two pieces had dried, glued in the 4 pillars. Again I rotated each pillar as I glued it in place so a different face was presented to each side.

Picture 7 - The building from the front.

Once the pillars are dry, all that remains now is to glue it to the base and then insert the last 4 pillars and we are done!
Wow kev it's very nice , where do we get this templates.