View Single Post

Old 07-06-2021, 10:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 865.44 MB
A bit more tonight...with less cheating!

I worked on finishing the engine by adding the spark plugs and wires and then I started on trying to fit the "metal" cowl parts. They worked well with lots of sanding and fettling I think, again, because the paper I've used in a bit thick and so going all the way round a former adds up by the end! For example, the chin piece was not matching up to the top panels until I really, really thinned the panels and also did some thinning/surgery on the fuselage nose. It all worked out in the end, though.

In one shot, you can see I put arrows where you need to match up the top panels. Notice the coloring is slightly darker. The designer is a madman! They butt up perfectly and all the "metal" parts fit over those darker areas. Sweet. The final shots show all panels on. The lighting makes it look like there is a HUGE step on the left side, but it's not bad in real life. Still needs a bit of trimming but I'm pleased. On to the tail next for a change of pace and then the guns/cockpit edging!

Cheers,
Dan
Attached Thumbnails
Albatros DVa in 1/33rd from L.P. Igualada-p1000904.jpg   Albatros DVa in 1/33rd from L.P. Igualada-p1000905.jpg   Albatros DVa in 1/33rd from L.P. Igualada-p1000913.jpg   Albatros DVa in 1/33rd from L.P. Igualada-p1000914.jpg