View Single Post

Old 07-19-2021, 02:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Yeah, I received my parts just a few days ago. I haven't even opened the kit or the GPM parts yet though. After building that 11,810 part mini-lego kit of the Neuschwanstein Castle, I started building the Artesania Latina all metal model of a Messerschmitt Bf 109.

Talk about a different beast of a model -- I've never worked in metal before, and this thing is not only intense but a challenge to build. It does have good instructions though and it's pure genius in the way that it's put together, but it's a lot of work.

The rudder, elevator, flaps, ailerons, and landing gear all move. It has LED's in the tail and wings as well as the dashboard, and every single photoetched part must be cleaned up by filing off the little nubbies of metal sprue that holds them into the sheet. Some (like the seatbelts) are extremely delicate so you have to be very careful that you don't bend them. But it's been a lot of fun to build.

I'll get around to the Rabe one of these days though. I'm just enjoying taking a break from wooden model ship building. I've got several customers begging me to build the Cutty Sark and write a practicum on it but man-o-man, that thing has a lot of yardarms and rigging. I'm not sure I'm up to doing that model. I hate rigging a model!.

Take care,

Bob