View Single Post

Old 07-19-2021, 09:30 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Don - I have looked at everything I can find, and I believe you are correct in identifying this as a Mack Type 2.

Evidence:
1. The dashboard as you so rightly point out.
2. Jeffrey/Nash Quad - no. The "Mack" cab distance between the dashboard and bulkhead is short - see the front passengers legs, unlike the Jeffrey/Nash Quad.
3. F.W.D. Model B - no. The chassis profile of the "Mack" underside between wheels is flat. The F.W.D. Model B has a "pitched" profile due to various torsion (?) rods.
4. Hewitt Truck - no. The Hewitt has a different under chassis side profile at the rear and also a different cab side profile. This is also clear in the Hewett picture you posted.

The Mack truck in question appears to be one of 1890 models and ID pointers I would say are as mentioned:

a) Dashboard
b) Cab length
c) Between wheel under chassis profile.
d) Rear end under chassis profile.
e) Wheelsets look standard as well (apart from on the Texaco Tanker rear wheels which are clearly strengthened), even down to 13 spokes per wheel (unlucky for punctures).

Below is another nice clear picture of an 1893 Mack (from which confirms the very standard appearance (apart from rear bodywork) as well.

The use of an old 1890's model at the home front would also make sense.

Picture from Mack Trucks "YEARS"
Attached Thumbnails
1918 era COE Truck – Probably Mack Type 2-1893-mack.jpg