View Single Post

Old 07-21-2021, 07:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkensky View Post
"If someone steals one's creation, Be proud that the creation was worth stealing"
What an awful sentiment, which serves only to justify stealing other people's work.

Those pirating paper models don't care* about what they steal and share, the effort serves two purposes for them:
a. to bypass payment for the art
and
b. to earn credit for distributng any work this way.
The credit comes in the form of financial rewards through web traffic or advertising,
and the personal reward of praise for being a self claimed "robin hood" of the internet.

This last excuse (robin hood) was actually used to me by a russian model thief. lol

*In many cases, pirated models are incomplete, old and out dated, damaged, lower quality and don't offer the same resources for support and assistance.
More reasons NOT to download pirated kits!

And if your models are being pirated, you can take action that works.
I file DMCA reports (takedown notices) when ever i find a file online that shouldn't be there.
Yes, it takes a little effort, but since I've done it before, I know how to do it fairly quickly.
Basically it involves sending an email to the abuse department of the file host.
As long as it contains the correct info in a standard format, it will be looked at.
I keep a copy of a past takedown notice and reuse it, replacing the necessary info.

As a matter of fact I filed two reports this morning regarding a pirated model (of mine) on a well known russian crap-pirate site.
One of the file hosts, deposit-files, responded and blocked access to the file I reported in only 7 minutes!!
Honestly...I sent the takedown notice at 8.58am...and got a reply at 9.05am!!!
This doesn't always happen...often it takes a day or two (for some file hosting companies) but some places respond very quickly because they don't want to be involved.