View Single Post

Old 07-21-2021, 07:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
eBay is a bit different, but there is still a working process.

I was recently informed about a guy in the UK...selling a printed copy of one of my models (on UK ebay)

I had to register with Vero...thats ebays own thing to protect copyrights...and then I filled out a report about the listing.

As it turned out, the seller removed the listing at my request before ebay had to take action.

The seller claimed he had received a large collection of paper model kits, and this already printed kit was in the grouping.
Since he knew he was never going to build all these kits, he was selling off.
I found it odd that this was the only kit he had listed, but I had no other reason to doubt him...and since he removed the listing before it sold, I didn't take it further.

Anyway, the point is, you can contact sellers directly (on ebay)
and you can register with the Vero thing, and deal directly with ebay for takedowns.

eBay VeRO

This is one of the FAQs on the VeRO page...but it applies to other websites too:

What if I don't own intellectual property?
Since the VeRO program is for rights owners, if you don't own intellectual property rights and aren't their authorized representative, you won't be able to report items through the program.
However, you can still help by getting in touch with legitimate rights owners (companies or individuals who hold intellectual property rights)
and encouraging them to contact us about participating in the VeRO program.

You can also inform them of potentially problematic listings.