View Single Post

Old 07-25-2021, 05:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 16.12 MB
Great build. It's really hard to find mesh material for the anti-grenade screen which is fine enough. The original had chicken wire with about half inch apertures which is really small at 1:50.

It's always been a source of argument whether the roofs of the Mark I tanks were painted with the multi-colour Solomon scheme. My own view is that they probably weren't since aerial observation wasn't much of an issue in 1916. It's almost certain the base colour of the Mark I tanks was Battleship Grey - the uniform Brown colour wasn't used until the Mark IIs.

The original rhomboid tank was "Mother" - designed after Little Willie failed to met the War Department obstacle and trench crossing tests.

The track plates on the rhomboid tanks were a one piece forging and the raised part of the track plate curved over the following plate. Using strips to bridge the track plates doesn't really work without putting a curve in the strip.

There are lots of errors in the WoT Mark I model - it was based on Russian drawings of the tank rather than the definitive drawings available at the time of design from the Landships forum (we, at Landships, offered, WoT refused). The Mark I models at landships.info are very close to the accurate set of drawings.

Looks like you would be up for the partner design to the Mark I - the Gun Carrier Mark I - used the same engine and transmission but was a very different design. A 1:48 Gun Carrier is available at landships.info.

Regards,

Charlie