View Single Post

Old 08-09-2021, 02:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Mash View Post
Beautiful work Joon Kwon with the rigging detail.
I am curious: What made you return to model building?
Mike
Hi Mike,
Wow, that's good question and it's long story.
But let me try to make it simple.

Late last year, I had depression and somehow it got worser and eventually became very serious. I think it might be caused by the drastic life style change due to COVID, where basically no normal people-to-people interaction allowed. So, consulted with many doctors, tried to take different kinds of medicine and tried to do whatever those doctors recommended.

One of the common recommendation from doctors was doing any hobby that can make my brain focus on something deeply, while preventing my brain from coming to negative feedback loop. Yeah, the hobby, it could be anything.

Paper Modeling:
It was actually my wife who recommended me to resume paper modeling then. it was a bit surprise for me because she used to be (and still until now ) one of the many people who cannot understand making 'small stuffs'...

Anyways, nowadays, I'm trying to keep my life as busy as possible. The work (for sure), exercise (cycling 10~15 miles/day, sometimes golf practice), building paper model (Py27 was the first one I made after resuming early this year) and meet and chat with people around me.

I think finally I managed to make my mental positive (or at least neutral/normal) and will try to keep it that way.

In my opinion, paper modeling would be the best hobby for those who may have any sort of depression symptom, as the process of paper modeling is some kind of meditation.

Somehow repetitive processes yet that needs keen focus.

Last edited by Joon Kwon; 08-09-2021 at 02:50 AM.