View Single Post

Old 08-20-2021, 03:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Hi Joseprobe,

I work on several different paper models. I am working on doing a Boeing P26 Peashooter as a rubber band powered flyer. At first I wanted to do the cockpit so that I could add the machine guns inside, on each side of the pilot seat.

I found plenty of photos of the instrument panel, but not of the seat. With help I was finally found what I needed.

Then as I'm getting ready to add the cockpit details, I found it wouldn't work, the rubber band would end up tearing everything up, it goes straight through the middle of the cockpit area.

I stopped working on the project last winter, and started planning my summer vacation flight from Alaska to Kitty Hawk, North Carolina.

Presently I'm working on a couple of other projects, but real soon will be back to work on the P26 Peashooter. Figured out a way to fix an issue with the graphics peeling off from the type of photo paper I'm using.

Will be using sewing thread to hold them in place where the fuselage curves and they want to peel off.

The Boeing P26 Peashooter is the latest model in my rubber band power thread: Rubber Band Power There are several other models that have flown in this thread.

My vacation was 9112 miles roundtrip by small airplane. I took photos of the whole trip and posted them here on papermodelers: Flying/Photography Hobbies There are lots of photos...

What kind of models do you work on?

Mike