View Single Post

Old 08-29-2021, 04:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 143.70 MB
Cricut registration trial

I wondered about my wife's new Cricut and the claims for registration, so here is a trial.

She got the latest model, a Cricut Maker 3. The claim is that this model cuts faster and thicker material. Not sure about which models use the same registration technique.

In my case, I wanted cut lines interior to the artwork, so I had to go back to Gimp which had the cutlines and artwork (textures) on different layers. Then I imported the individual png drawings into Cricut's design package. Documentation for this particular use is not exactly clear, but eventually the drawings seemed to get registered with each other.

You can see the light brown cut lines in the picture, they are as close to the machine cuts as i could line up the two layers! I would have to pronounce the test a success!

Next step is to figure out how to prepare the drawings so that they fill the letter size page.

The instructions say that the scanner feature must have inkjet printing, but this test was with laser printed. I like glossy paper, that will be another test.
Attached Thumbnails
Cricut registration trial-16302767554947096739400552718963.jpg