View Single Post

Old 09-03-2021, 06:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 4.63 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viator View Post
...and the most annoying feature of the Sandā Sakamoto webpage is the "rotation" of the models, i.e. addition of the new models is coupled with the removal of the old ones, which means that the previous models were no longer available.
!
Sakamoto San is not the only Japanese paper artist to set up his downloadable works in rotation.
I wonder if this is a hold over from the time when bandwidth and and storage were rare and very expensive, particularly in Japan, and they did not have the storage to post all of their works at the same time. This might even be true today, a pen pal had on going complaints about the bandwidth and storage limitations imposed on her by their phone service provider. It might also be a reaction to paper model hijackers, though by limiting the availability of the models at the source, people looking for the paper artists work will be more likely to seek out less honest venues to obtain them.
Things are as they are.
I came to Sakamoto san's site late so their are many of his early models that I was unable to collect. That is a tad annoying, but the reality is that I have collected more paper models than I will ever be able to study, let alone build in what lifetime is left to me.