View Single Post

Old 09-09-2021, 05:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 93.28 MB
This locomotive is beautiful and your model is absolutely resplendent, the idea of painting the parts was really great!
Far, far ago, before I begun to use scissors and glue myself, as a child I was fascinated in the German steam locomotives, especially those war locos (Kriegslok) Br 01 and Br 52. Polish Ty 2 series is the same as German Baureihe 52. I still remember me standing on the platform and watching these mighty machines dragging the double decker (bilevel) carriages Bipa series and sleeping cars. Few years later I travelled few times from Warsaw to Zakopane in the Tatra Mts by night, lying in the compartment and hearing the clatter of wheels on the jointed track and inhalling the smell of smoke... Unforgettable early memory...

Exactly two days ago I heard that one of these machines was repurchased and saved from scrapping - it will be restored and displayed as a technical monument.
Piastow kupił parowoz Ty2-220 z Tłuszcza. Stanie jako pomnik przy stacji - Wszystko na temat branży kolejowej: PKP, Intercity, przewozy regionalne, koleje mazowieckie, rozkłady jazdy PKP, Kolej