View Single Post

Old 09-15-2021, 03:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.57 MB
Hello everybody,

the parcel from Holland got there faster than I thought, and of course it was opened immediately. And already the first glance through the two bags onto the Combos looked very promising and pleasantly surprised me.

And even after unpacking I was very impressed by the sight,

whereupon I took a closer look, here first a Combo-R,

as well as here a Pair (R/L) lying next to each other,

and here in the installation position in the Truck.

Now all 16 Combos that are required for the Crawler have been completed, which was made possible by the spontaneous helpfulness of my ARC friend Pascal (bubble) went faster than I could have imagined.

Nevertheless, I then took a closer look, and here is the comparison with the last printed Combo Pair (XSFDP) which was printed in the best print orientation, the contours of which unfortunately cannot be recognized better, due to SW's well-known Print look.

Therefore, for a better comparison, here is a larger macro shot in the installation position,

and here still with a look at my Scratch prototype, which looks a bit more filigree in some details like the stiffening struts because I made them from Styrene (0,15 mm), which corresponds to the paper thickness used in the Paper Kit (MicroArtwork), but what cannot be realized in 3D printing due to the minimal wall thicknesses > 0,3 mm, as requested by SW.

On this point, Paper modeling is plain and simple superior to 3D printing, what my friend Joe (crackerjazz) honestly admitted right at the beginning of our modeling efforts.

Before I go into a few more details (i. a. painting) of the Resin Combos and the quality of the last SW prints, I would like to underline in a first résumé that I can imagine the Crawler with these Resin combos very well and that I presumably can save the printing of further SW-Combo-Pairs by SW.

Launch Pad 39A with Challenger STS-6 (1:144)