View Single Post

Old 09-21-2021, 10:20 AM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
Once I have completed that first test build, I will most likely set the correct scale size (assuming I haven't done that already)...
I often test build a bigger model to get a good look at how parts fit and align,
but with some models, I will start out test building at the intended scale size because I have some concerns about buildability.

I like to keep certain subjects in a similar scale so they fit together well on the shelf.
In this case, I chose the Bricklin SV1 model as the guide for scale since these two sports cars are so similar in dimensions.

An important note is that Koolwheelz models are not designed to a specific scale.
In fact they vary a lot more than I would like, since the scale is generally ruled by the size of the Letter page.
To get all the parts on the page, I will sometimes ignore scale and reduce (or enlarge) all the parts to fit.
Obviously the bigger the vehicle, the more I have to reduce it to make it fit on the page!

I don't get too accurate matching scale...a quick measure of the Bricklin model showed me about 8.9cm overall length.
Since I knew that the DeLorean was slightly shorter in length, I adjusted the scale length to match. (8.7cm)