View Single Post

Old 09-29-2021, 01:10 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Pete View Post
Looks like an interesting challenge. Look forward to seeing the final model.
Thanks. Actually, I like making the drawings for plans even more than I like building models, which is why I have a backlog of model plans that I've never executed. I would be thrilled if someone else did so, though.

I actually have another set of plans in the pipeline and I hope to post them this week or on the weekend.

The main thing needed for the polyhedron models is patience. They are straightforward to put together until the end, when it becomes a little like performing surgery. However, somehow I've always managed to get them together.

One thing that would probably help would be to sew the last faces together using long threads. This way, one can use them to pull them together from the outside, sort of like the way the masts of ships-in-bottles are pulled upright.

Quote:
Thank you for providing the link.
My pleasure.

Quote:
What are the two polished tools in your picture? Not seen anything like them before.
They are manicure tools from the company Zwilling (which means "twin" in German). The combination tool is still available: ZWILLING Kombi Manikure Instrument, Edelstahl mattiert kaufen

The other two have unfortunately been discontinued. I think I remember getting them just in time. I mostly use them for gluing. In this case, I used them for creasing. The sharp ends are very good for getting between the tabs and the tabletop.
Attached Thumbnails
Polyhedron Model:  Pentagonal Hexecontahedron-tools1.jpg   Polyhedron Model:  Pentagonal Hexecontahedron-tools2.jpg