View Single Post

Old 09-30-2021, 11:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Stuck for the moment

I've reached a point where I have to change my approach.

I will need some glue that sets faster than the paste I have been using so far. I think the best thing would be to use hide clue. I will have to get out my glue pot and the glue and start soaking the latter in water. It's been a long time since I've done this.

I think I will need to use the manicuring tools to hold the faces together in order to avoid burning my fingers and do the connections one-by-one, with pauses to let the glue cool.

I have a glue gun but I didn't have good results with it when I tried using it for cardboard models in the past.

It would have been better to make marks for sewing the model together and to punch holes. When I revise these plans I'll put in markings, as I did for some previous models. I'll also need to brush up my sewing skills.

There were quite a few tabs that needed to be cut off and some that were missing. I've updated the plans on the website. If you've viewed or downloaded the PDF or the source files before, you may need to refresh them in your browser. It may have cached them and not "notice" that they've changed. The timestamp on the revised version of the plans is 30 Sep 2021 6:47 p.m (on the upper right corner of each page).
Attached Thumbnails
Polyhedron Model:  Pentagonal Hexecontahedron-poly16.jpg   Polyhedron Model:  Pentagonal Hexecontahedron-poly17.jpg  

Last edited by Laurence Finston; 09-30-2021 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Typo