View Single Post

Old 10-01-2021, 03:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 254.35 MB
Thank you for your suggestion. I gave your idea a try. Using a #8 bolt, I was able produce corrugated paper with peaks and valleys corresponding to 36 threads per inch. So far so good. The problem is when I try to roll the corrugated paper into a 1.5 mm tube. Any and all texture got flattened out in the process of rolling the paper into a tube. Back to the drawing board. Thank you just the same for your suggestion.

In the summer of 1986, I used styrene to scratch built a couple of 39 ft (2600 cu ft) Airslide covered hoppers following the instructions in a Model Railroader magazine article. So when it came time to build this model, I understood the purpose/function of the aerator/fluiders lines. Just the same, with so many confusing makes and models of pneumatic bulk transport trailers, let alone custom modifications, it was difficult to decide what details to add and what to leave out. I have to thank some training videos found on the internet to figure out the bare minimum placement of the shutoff vales, check (one way) valves and pressure relief devices. Except for Airslide and Pressureaid Centerflow covered hoppers, these are details that aren’t seen on railway cars. Hopefully, who ever makes his/her living with pneumatic bulk transport trailers will not see anything important that is missing on this model. With that, the Trail King 1033 cu ft pneumatic bulk transport trailer is finally done and parked besides Green Diamond Sand’s silos.

Now we begin work on the ACF 2970 cu ft 2-bay Centerflow covered hopper. This model is being designed as rolling stock on a model railroad and therefore will have commercially available trucks and couplers as well as internal formers in order the model to withstand repeated handling.
Attached Thumbnails
1/87 scale sand silos and elevator-14-aerator-fluidizer-6070.jpg   1/87 scale sand silos and elevator-15-tank-pressure-line-6075.jpg   1/87 scale sand silos and elevator-16-hot-air-tank-6095.jpg   1/87 scale sand silos and elevator-17-outlets-6098.jpg   1/87 scale sand silos and elevator-18-ladder-bumper-6091.jpg  

1/87 scale sand silos and elevator-sand-silos-bulk-transport-trailer-6094.jpg   1/87 scale sand silos and elevator-1-underframe-6101.jpg   1/87 scale sand silos and elevator-2-formers-6102.jpg