View Single Post

Old 10-16-2021, 09:10 AM

Total Downloaded: 414.21 MB
For people interested in my recolors, please read on - all others can just ignore this notice.

First of all, I would like to apologize for a scaling mistake that affects most of my recolors. My limited tool of choice is MS Powerpoint, and I had always assumed that if a workspace was defined in A4 dimensions, saving it as PDF would result in an A4 sized file. To my dismay, I recently found that the Powerpoint default PDF is letter size, and that setting doesn't seem to be changeable. This screws up the scaling because the print file file is already reduced to about 95% if printed on letter size, with a further reduction if printed to A4. For example, my stated 1:72 graphic will print out about 1:76 on letter, but will print out about 1:80 on A4 which is noticeably smaller.

I am slowly replacing the affected files, but it is easier to list the ones NOT affected by this error: all my recolors of Zio's 90mm figures, and the WaCo UKC and Stinson SR-5.

A workaround is to print to PDF, with a slight loss in graphic quality and slight increase in file size. I have done about 2 pages of 5, so the rest could be done in a week or so, just need to hunt down my work files for the older models.

On a positive note, I found some PAF decals with information for 3 more 1:144 P-51 recolors, so those are in a new file.