View Single Post

Old 10-17-2021, 05:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 92.57 MB
Thanks Mike and Mike, I think this one is ready to build.. so the body construction already shown, so here are the parts for the head. This was the challenging part for sure, it took me awhile to get to here with it. The parts are the main structure of the head, side head feathers, the front head crest feathers, and the bill.

The main head part is pretty easy to glue for the most part, although the crest feathers are slower to cut out, and some edge and back colors are needed I used watercolor again for this, quick and easy although need to have the parts sprayed first with clear paint so you can wipe off any watercolor that otherwise would remove the printing. The side or ear area of the Kingfisher are pretty straightforward also similarly, although one has to try to get them symmetric. I glue these around the eye and the lower part only of the side patch. The front is next when both sides on and is in 2 parts so can curve forward a bit. these 2 parts are connected and glued first to the bill area, then when on pretty solidly the sides are attached too. I had designed a beak but i went back to Johan's style construction and redrew in this style it just goes better.
Attached Thumbnails
Belted Kingfisher design-dsc_0728.jpg   Belted Kingfisher design-dsc_0729.jpg   Belted Kingfisher design-dsc_0731.jpg   Belted Kingfisher design-dsc_0733.jpg   Belted Kingfisher design-dsc_0735.jpg  

Belted Kingfisher design-dsc_0737.jpg   Belted Kingfisher design-dsc_0738.jpg   Belted Kingfisher design-dsc_0645.jpg   Belted Kingfisher design-dsc_0747.jpg   Belted Kingfisher design-dsc_0754.jpg