View Single Post

Old 10-23-2021, 07:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 254.35 MB
All of the delicate parts were applied at the very end. I was worried about bending the side and end ladders out of shape while trying to glue them on. I even attached the trucks (boogies) to protect the discharge outlets so I wouldn’t squish them while trying to glue on the roof walks. If that didn’t work, plan B was to place the car its side and definitely not on the outlets. Fortunately, I had a foam rubber cradle which saved the day. But I still had to be careful not to break off the lift rings/jack points. And slowly but surely, this project finally got completed. As a way of giving back to the paper modeling community, I posted the patterns for both the ACF 2970 cu ft 2-bay Centerflow cover hopper and the Trail King 1033 cu ft pneumatic bulk trailer in the “trains and railway” section of the downloads for who ever wants it. For the rail car, I posted both undec (unpainted) and Great Northern Big Sky Blue livery.
Attached Thumbnails
1/87 scale sand silos and elevator-8-b-end-6137.jpg   1/87 scale sand silos and elevator-9-end-6133.jpg   1/87 scale sand silos and elevator-centerflow-trailer-6143.jpg   1/87 scale sand silos and elevator-silo-diorama-6140.jpg