View Single Post

Old 10-23-2021, 08:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 254.35 MB
Hi JohnMGD. Yes, I had designed a grain elevator based on the elevator that can be seen at Biggs Junction, Oregon along I-84. I wanted to model a wood crib elevator with annex that was typical along or near the Columbia River. You can see similar designs in Rufus and Nolin Oregon where the annex is attached to the elevator instead of being a detached structure with exposed connecting conveyors. In the attached photo, the Biggs Junction elevator actually has 2 annexes, where the second one is detached. The head house (cupola) at the top of the main bulding is also narrow and taller than those found elsewhere, even in Oregon. You can find a paper model of a Saskatoon elevator in PAPER MODEL PRAIRIE GRAIN ELEVATOR and plastic models by Walthers where the head house is noticeably lower and wider. Anyway, I can post the patterns if you want them or email them to you. Let me know.
Attached Thumbnails
1/87 scale sand silos and elevator-grain-elevator-canada-cyclindrical-covered-hopper-sm.jpg   1/87 scale sand silos and elevator-biggs-junction-sm.jpg