View Single Post

Old 10-28-2021, 10:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
I applaud your possible future project of building the British Interwar medium tanks. I continue to make very slow progress on my own project of building WWI and Interwar U.S. Army tanks and armored cars.

Incidentally, David A. Kimbrell has an article in the current issue of the IPMS Journal (July+August 2021, pp46-52) about his 1:35 model (kitbashed Tacom) of a Whippet (A378 "Golikell") of B. Company, 17th A/C Battalion, Tank Corps, in Ireland in the early 20s. Kimball chose to paint his model in khaki drab rather than bronze green to match the Whippet preserved at the Tank Museum.

I was surprised to know that there was an actual person named Sweet Fannie Adams. Having served with Commonwealth military on several occasions, I had heard the term, usually as "Sweet F.A." meaning "nothing much" ("Any guidance from Headquarters? "Sweet F.A.") and assumed it was rhyming slang for a rude expression of which the second word was "all."

Tomorrow, I am off to the IPMC with my Mk VIII in whatever state of completion it may be, as well as my own FG 1/32 Whippet, a 1/32 FG Renault FT, Roman's Ford Three Ton in 1/32, and my 1/32 version of Wayne's USMC Six Ton.

Cheers,

Don
Attached Thumbnails
1:48 Medium C tank-david_a_kimbrell_whippet_tank_model_ipms_journal_jul-aug_21_p46.jpg   1:48 Medium C tank-david_a_kimbrell_whippet_tank_model_ipms_journal_jul-aug_21_p52.jpg