View Single Post

Old 10-31-2021, 01:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Awards Part I

These were the awards selected by the Awards Committee: Linda Kemp (Chair), Anne McCombs, and me. Apologies for the blurred photos, but I experienced camera problems

1. Matt Jefson received the award for the Best Table with his incredible display of (mostly John Deere) agricultural equipment. In addition to being a U.S. Air Force pilot and superb model designer and builder, Matt is also a farmer and knows all this equipment intimately. His prize was a medieval European barn.

2. An overview of Matt’s table. Looking on is Tyler Hafley, who was also an award winner.

3. Jack Colin received the Most Unusual Model Award as well as the special award for the most extravagant use of push pins.

4. Jack’s award-winning “Up” model.

5. Tyler Hafley received the Theme Award. The theme was “Flyin’ Things,” and Tyler took it away with his pair of scratch-built aircraft he designed: a Fairey Swordfish with folding wings, and an FA-18 with working retractable undercarriage, tail hook, canopy, refueling probe, etc., etc. His prize was a model of a Handley-Page H.P. 42. We told him that we expect to see the completed H.P. 42 next year . . . with a retractable landing gear.

6. Tyler’s amazing airplanes.

7. Greg Perry endowed two awards this year. Tyler’s airplanes won the John Bowden Memorial Award.

8. Greg awarded the Silk Purse Award to Jack Colin for a model of the Atragon, of which I do not have a usable image.

9. The Atragon is in there someplace. Perhaps someone else got a better photo?

10. Peter Ansoff received a Special Award for his memorial display of models by paper modelling pioneer Alan Rose.

11. The Alan Rose Memorial display.

12. Greg Perry received a Special Award for the Tallest Model: his Bumar-Labedy Crane. “Tallest Model” is shorthand for Greg being one of the most productive, supportive, and active members of the IPMC and for the superb artisanship of his tall crane. His prize was a very tall model.

13. The tall Bumar-Labedy Crane.

14. Greg Mumma received a Special Award for Excellence in Miniature Modelling for his 1/600 model of a WWII U.S. Navy submarine chaser. His prize was a multitude of tiny 1/400 airplanes.

15. Greg’s tiny and highly detailed subchaser. I sure hope someone obtained a better image.

More soon,

Don
Attached Thumbnails
International Paper Modelers' Convention 2021-2-01_ipmc_awards_best_table_matt_jefson.jpg   International Paper Modelers' Convention 2021-2-02_tyler_hafley-matt_jefson-best_table.jpg   International Paper Modelers' Convention 2021-2-03_ipmc_award_most_unusual.jpg   International Paper Modelers' Convention 2021-2-04_up.jpg   International Paper Modelers' Convention 2021-2-05_ipmc_award_theme-flyin_things.jpg  

International Paper Modelers' Convention 2021-2-06_tylers-airplanes.jpg   International Paper Modelers' Convention 2021-2-07_ipmc_award_john_bowden_memorial.jpg   International Paper Modelers' Convention 2021-2-08_ipmc_award_silk_purse.jpg   International Paper Modelers' Convention 2021-2-09_atragon.jpg   International Paper Modelers' Convention 2021-2-10_ipmc_award_special_award_alan_rose_display.jpg  

International Paper Modelers' Convention 2021-2-11_the_alan_rose_memorial_display.jpg   International Paper Modelers' Convention 2021-2-12_ipmc_award_special_award_tallest_bumar-labedy_crane.jpg   International Paper Modelers' Convention 2021-2-13_bumar-labedy_crane.jpg   International Paper Modelers' Convention 2021-2-14_ipmc_award_special_award_miniature-modeling.jpg   International Paper Modelers' Convention 2021-2-15_miniature_sub_chaser.jpg