View Single Post

Old 11-18-2021, 12:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 694.82 MB
Plans from magazine Modellbau Heute on the Webarchive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boose View Post
You find some very valuable and interesting material!
I have been mining the NHHC site for years and never found those plans.
Many thanks for sharing the results of your research. I can't tell you how much I appreciate your posts and expertise.
Don
Thanks Don, I'll have to admit that I do like to roam the internet for information and files, and it's great fun to share those finds on this forum, so the pleasure is all mine.....

Another great source are the drawings from the modelling magazine Modellbau Heute. This magazine was published on monthly base by the Ministry of Defence of the former German Democratic Republic (DDR) between 1970 and 1993. The focus was on general modelling, with every issue containing modelsheets of either aircraft, ships, rockets, trains and cars.
Of interest is a series of model drawings called "Mini Schiffe", with modelplans for ships (a lot of German and/or Warschau Pact countries naval and merchant vessels, but no vessels related to the Third Reich) and port infrastructure (port of Rostock) in small scale (most drawings are in 1/500 or 1/1000 scale) It was because of the many ship model drawings that the magazine recieved the nickname "Schiffmodellbau Heute"......

You can view, read and download those issues on the Webarchive Downloads are available in pdf format (click on PDF). You can also download the issues in jpg or jp2 format (click on SINGLE PAGE PROCESSED JP2 ZIP). Jp2 files are a type of jpg files, so it's not that hard to convert them to true jpg files
The text is in German, but translation is very easy. Click on "FULL TEXT", and translate the German text into your language, select all, copy all and paste the text in an open text file and save.

How to find the "Mini Schiffe"? In every december issue there's a list of published model sheets at the end of the issue, so you'll know in what month a certain sheet was published

As a sample I'll post the sheet for SMS Prinzregent Luitpold (a Kaiser class battleship), published in november 1987

Happy hunting

PS: Copies of Modellbau Heute can still be bought on Ebay or in the online bookstores......