View Single Post

Old 11-25-2021, 03:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.71 MB
IT IS DONE.

It's been almost a year. I pretty much abandoned the build because the front part was quite inaccurate to the show, and truss that connected the two side pieces to the front part ( I hesitate to call it a bridge because you never know with expanse ships) were unfolded in a way that made them almost impossible to build. I thought I'd just quickly redesign and print those parts, then decided on a complete revamp of the front of the ship. Problem was, I just didn't have the energy for it. I spent month doing maybe an hour of research every second weekend, poring on the four or five photos of the Truman class you can find online and trying, and failing, to come up with a design closer to the show's. I even considered 3D printing some parts. Eventually I gave up and reverted to a design much closer to Cheesy's original with just a few tweaks and a texture more to my liking.

Well, here it is. the built quality leaves a lot to be desired but it is a complete model and it's going on the display cabinet and I don't have to see its half finished fuselage looking at me accusingly whenever I enter the spare room.
Attached Thumbnails
Expanse UNN Truman Build Thread-20211125_224134.jpg   Expanse UNN Truman Build Thread-20211125_224324.jpg   Expanse UNN Truman Build Thread-20211125_224348.jpg   Expanse UNN Truman Build Thread-20211125_224443.jpg   Expanse UNN Truman Build Thread-20211125_224412.jpg