Thread: PSG-Modeler
View Single Post

Old 12-19-2021, 11:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 48.92 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to Dane
How To Build A Model In Blender. An Example Of An Airplane. Part 5

Hello everybody.

Let’s continue modeling the plane nose. Last time I made the cockpit glazing. Now we need to make the nose of the fuselage.

Let’s see what we have.
The picture “Right View” shows that we have only the contour of the nose and section A along the nose of the fuselage. In this case, we see that the side of the fuselage is flat and vertical. The photographs additionally show that the plane nose has an elliptical cross-section, smoothly turning into a flat side.

Here I will make a small digression back to my story. When I made the main part of the fuselage, I used only two sections, B and C. I did this to simplify my story so as not to overload it with information.

Now it’s time to notice that the entire fuselage had to be coordinated with the sections C, D, E, F and G available in our picture. But, I think, after the completed construction of the fuselage, you will be able to coordinate the shape of the fuselage with the existing sections yourself. Let this be your task. I will post the solution a little later and talk about the modeling techniques that I used in doing this work to make the geometry of the model as accurate as possible.

So, section A. Copy section A from the original picture and place it on our drawing, where the plane is presented in three views. We agree on the cross-section for the size of the fuselage in this place. This procedure must be done for each fuselage slice. Here is an example of substitution on the drawing of section E from the original picture....
Continue Reading at my site How to build a model in Blender. An example of an airplane. Part 5 – PSG-Modeler
Attached Thumbnails
PSG-Modeler-howtobuildaplane-05-01.jpg   PSG-Modeler-howtobuildaplane-05-05.jpg   PSG-Modeler-howtobuildaplane-05-18.jpg   PSG-Modeler-howtobuildaplane-05-23.jpg   PSG-Modeler-howtobuildaplane-05-35.jpg