Thread: Lettering
View Single Post

Old 12-29-2021, 04:21 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Here a few more photos. For the letters, I'm using paraffin. For the white ones I used a tube of oil paint from the company Lukas. For the red ones, and for more colors that I haven't done yet, I bought a set of very inexpensive oil paints.

For the color charts I use beeswax and the expensive oil paints from Schmincke, which I will also be using for paintings, when I start working on them. I always make color charts for all of the media I use.

When I bought these paints about 30 years ago, all of the art supply stores in the town where I live carried the Mussini line from Schmincke. Now, the only dedicated art supply store is gone and the others only carry their less expensive lines. They won't order them for less than 3 tubes per color, either. So now I have to use mail order. Somehow, having had a taste of the better colors (so to speak), I don't want to downgrade.

I've even got a couple of colors that have been discontinued in the intervening 30 years. They are all as good as new, though.
Attached Thumbnails
Lettering-encaustic01.jpg   Lettering-encaustic08.jpg   Lettering-encaustic14.jpg   Lettering-dscf0009.jpg   Lettering-dscf0010.jpg  

Lettering-dscf0011.jpg   Lettering-dscf0012.jpg   Lettering-dscf0013.jpg   Lettering-dscf0014.jpg