Thread: GPM Panzer IV
View Single Post

Old 01-02-2022, 08:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 678.6 KB
New year update.

Looking back to the beginning of this build, it's hard to believe that almost one year has passed since I started working on this kit but now that 2021 is behind us with all her troubles, it's time to get back to my desk, move forward and get to work. so ...Here's to 2022... Cheers everyone and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

After cutting out most of the components for the running gear. I started construction with the bogies. Assembly was pretty strait forward. The parts fit together very well. the only exception was that the leaf springs built up too thick to fit into their saddle on the rocker arm - so three layers had to be cut off the top. Not a big deal.

The only other thing worth mentioning here is that you must remember to build BOTH LEFT AND RIGHT halves of the bogies as they are a mirror image of each other - not sure if the instructions call that out or not but there is only one drawing shown on the instruction sheet and that is for the RIGHT hand side.

One last side note... As you may or may not know I like to beef up my models any where I can, this kit is no exception, so I decided to add wire "axels" to the bogies to insure the road wheels will have a solid mounting surface when the time comes. The wheels will not roll - they will be static - the wire is only there to reinforce the glue joint.

That's all for now enjoy the pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
GPM Panzer IV-pict0085.jpg   GPM Panzer IV-pict0063.jpg   GPM Panzer IV-pict0064.jpg   GPM Panzer IV-pict0065.jpg   GPM Panzer IV-pict0069.jpg  

GPM Panzer IV-pict0070.jpg   GPM Panzer IV-pict0071.jpg   GPM Panzer IV-pict0072.jpg   GPM Panzer IV-pict0073.jpg   GPM Panzer IV-pict0074.jpg  

GPM Panzer IV-pict0075.jpg   GPM Panzer IV-pict0076.jpg   GPM Panzer IV-pict0077.jpg   GPM Panzer IV-pict0078.jpg   GPM Panzer IV-pict0079.jpg  

GPM Panzer IV-pict0081.jpg   GPM Panzer IV-pict0082.jpg   GPM Panzer IV-pict0083.jpg