View Single Post

Old 01-12-2022, 12:45 AM

Total Downloaded: 694.82 MB
spreadsheet updated

It's unbelievable what the US shipbuilding industry has accomplished in a relatively short period of time between the mid-1930s and the mid-1940s. Especially when you consider that in the mid-1930s the shipbuilding industry in the US lagged far behind Europe and Japan.
This backlog was quickly made up and the records that were set will probably never be broken again.
I will also put these books on my to-read list.

I've added a updated version of the spreadsheet to this post.
I have also sent a request to the Webarchive administrators to create a special "collection" or "section" for these drawings. Finding the drawings should be an easier task once that section is created.
The counter is now at 75 sets of drawings, and I expect to be busy adding more drawings for a while.
For those who want to download the drawings, I can advise you to either download the jpg/png and files, or the pdf file. These are the original files as I downloaded and uploaded them.
There is also a possibility to download all drawings in jp2 format (jp2 is a kind of jpg file), but the drawings in jp2 format are made by the Webarchive's computer, not by me.
The drawings can be useful to base your models on, but keep in mind that they are not "ready made". So it is important to measure the drawings carefully, even within the same set, because I don't know whether all the drawings are in the same scale.

Here the link to the "index"
Attached Files
File Type: zip bogp_webarchivev1.1.zip (12.8 KB, 16 views)