View Single Post

Old 02-08-2022, 11:15 PM

Location: On a small planet orbiting a yellow star in a galaxy named after a candybar.
Total Downloaded: 3.68 GB
Thanks Bob,

I wish I had taken better pics. Maybe someone will do that next year for us all.

I have been told that next year will have a nautical theme for encouraged kits. Be thinking about that, if you're considering attending. Bring your "on or under" the sea builds (I'm guessing float planes and flying boats will count toward that theme?).

You might also be interested in following some of the people here who's work was exhibited at the IPMC, and reviewed here, in this current "winding-down" thread. I know that Tyler, the new participant that was reviewed last in this thread, is presenting another scratch build at this time; a thread that you can find that is titled "Scratch Built Grumman Goose G-21A." I recommend it. He has recently, not only been sharing the process of designing/building a worthwhile craft, but he is even sharing build-details, with hand-drawn design plans and close up pics of rudder controls and wheels axel placement. The beauty of the work is only exceeded by the value of his ideas and build hints; a very detailed thread.

If thinking of going to the IPMC next year, I advise a bit of research regarding hotels in the area. If the one where its being held is too pricey, be careful to check out the other possibilities. Online reviews may not be accurate or representative of actual living conditions in those establishments.

Also plan ahead your food needs. There are a few fast food locations near, but the only one really close, without traffic challenges, is a small Burger King down the street. You can meet interesting convention members there, I can attend to, even if a Whopper is not your dish of choice!

Peter Ansoff is the best person to contact to get details regarding participating or other attendance questions. He can be PM'ed here at this forum.

Thanks for following me through this walk-thru. I hope you met some interesting people, enjoyed experiencing some interesting talent, and perhaps most importantly, learned a few things that will promote your enjoyment and further participation in the paper-modelling craft.

What we make may be "paper-thin," but the potential of this skill-set could rock many expectations, with the clever turn of a pair of scissors!