View Single Post

Old 03-04-2022, 02:13 AM

Total Downloaded: 143.14 MB
Planned restart to finish 1/24 Saturn V

Dear all

It is almost exactly 2 years since I had to stop work on the final bits of the Saturn V due to corona virus pandemic. Where I live things have opened up enough that I can resume work on the model.

At the time when the pandemic hit where I live, I was trying to finish off the interstage between stage 2 and stage 3 (the conical section). There were just a few small parts that needed adapting (that came with the model) that needed fitting (namely the black and white motion targets and the retro rocket covers). You can see some of them at the bottom of this picture of Apollo 11 at liftoff (picture from NASA)

However I had also wanted to represent some of the internal structure. In fact made a number of "beams" but was not very happy with them when I tried them out in a dry fit (they looked too chunky and clumsy I thought) so did not fit them (see below)

1/24 Apollo/Saturn V (enlarged 1/48 Greelt et al version)-img_0051.jpg

Recently I was given some A1 size white "poster card" which has given me an idea to have another go at the internal structure. Hopefully this will be a better result than my previous idea/attempt

Regards

Kevin