View Single Post

Old 03-16-2022, 03:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 814.53 MB
CL-52 update

Hi All;

No project ever goes right all the way along. Computers do strange things for no evident reason, at least this one does. The tremors don't help much. It doesn't take much to hit a wrong button. This time the dimensions for the main deck went out of scale and when they were test printed the length was nearly two inches short. So, the whole deck had to be redrawn. It took nearly two weeks, but it is almost there. The test fit is printed on paper simply to avoid wasting card. There are four segments and the joints from one section to another remain to be readjusted. This time I drew a ruler with one inch spacing between bulkheads and copied it onto each segment, in case the computer starts fooling around again. That way I can check everything with a real ruler. The ruler, by the way is graduated in tenths of an inch. It makes life a lot easier. Every location for each part of the ship is marked out to guarantee placement when it comes to testing deck houses and fittings. It will probably take about a week to get the joints exactly right before I can get to work on the side plates.

Regards rjccjr
Attached Thumbnails
USS Juneau CL-52-011.jpg   USS Juneau CL-52-013.jpg   USS Juneau CL-52-037.jpg   USS Juneau CL-52-038.jpg