View Single Post

Old 04-15-2022, 02:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 517.40 MB
The Old London Bridge

The next one I made monochrome in purpose and for the reason already mentioned here - old etchings of the subject (not many photos around). And also wanted to make a pair for the Vatican. Here is my version of The Old London Bridge.

The model wasn't easy to build, at least not for me. Certain accuracy and consistency was not present in the parts. I got it made though and her's how it looks.

What a dive into the history of London and to the many phases of this particular subject. One main reason I build models is to learn something (preferably a lot) about the subject. This was an interesting ride. Browsing through the 'references' that is period drawings and paintings, models made etc. made me just wonder what the original really looked like. Having said that I do understand it must have looked very different during it's very long life cycle. This models is said to depict the bridge sometime the Tudor Period but that lasted for nearly quarter of a century din't it. The stone bridge building started during early 12th century and it was demolished mid 18th. Facinating story and lot's of interesting pictures to be found in the internet. I enclose some of them here.

Tappi
Attached Thumbnails
My Micromodel's architectural models-bw-print.jpg   My Micromodel's architectural models-1.jpg   My Micromodel's architectural models-2.jpg   My Micromodel's architectural models-3.jpg   My Micromodel's architectural models-4.jpg  

My Micromodel's architectural models-5.jpg   My Micromodel's architectural models-claude_de_jongh_1632.jpg   My Micromodel's architectural models-s-l1600.jpg