View Single Post

Old 04-20-2022, 01:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 484.03 MB
Cherokee class fleet tugs

I need a break from planes and while the Northampton class cruisers are still awaiting the test build of new superstructures at Louisville, I went back to an older shelved design, made a few modifications and I can say that the base of the ship fits much better than I expected.
You may have gathered from the photos that I am preparing a model of a large Cherokee class fleet tug.
I once bought a 1/1250 scale model of this ship from Scissors & Planes to add to my collection of 1/400 scale Watership models. However, I soon discovered that the model was too small for that magnification and therefore too simplistic ( even though the shape is excellent). So I took inspiration from the design of some parts of the ship and designed my own model which I hope will suit the chosen scale, including a more accurate shape of the stern and details of the armament, winches etc.
For now I am doing an alpha build and will be continually finalizing the model.
Attached Thumbnails
Gerry Paper Models - new models from ships collection-img_0102.jpg   Gerry Paper Models - new models from ships collection-img_0103.jpg   Gerry Paper Models - new models from ships collection-img_0104.jpg   Gerry Paper Models - new models from ships collection-img_0105.jpg   Gerry Paper Models - new models from ships collection-img_0106.jpg  

Gerry Paper Models - new models from ships collection-img_0107.jpg   Gerry Paper Models - new models from ships collection-img_0108.jpg   Gerry Paper Models - new models from ships collection-img_0109.jpg  

Catalogue of my models