View Single Post

Old 05-08-2022, 04:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.57 MB
Hello friends,

but I can't get started with the cladding of the Balsa shell quite that quickly, because, as always, the correct and appropriate order is important, which I have to consider, so that the next steps cannot be hindered. Strength lies in calmness!

That's why I thought it thoroughly again and came up with the following order.

First, I'm going to cladd up the larger and smaller "ears" on the inside of the Forward and Aft Bulkheads. These are only tiny areas, but they first have to be glued before I can glue on the door cover.

Therefore, next I've determined the lower contours for these small snippets by using a Support wall and have drawn them on Sheet Styrene (0,13 mm ), which I've split beforehand because of the easier handling when gluing.

But since the foil is shiny, it wouldn't match the dull paper of the rest of the side panels, which is why I dulled it beforehand with Tamiya Sanding Sponge Sheet 2000.

Then I've glued the halves with CA on the inside of the Forward Bulkhead and trimmed off the protruding parts,

first on the left inner side,

and then on the right inner side.

The same procedure then followed on the Aft Bulkhead.

Next I've cut out the Styrene strips (2 mm) for the top sides' curves of the Forward and Aft Bulkheads,

which can now be adjusted and then glued step by step.

Launch Pad 39A with Challenger STS-6 (1:144)