View Single Post

Old 05-20-2022, 04:28 AM
POTM Moderator

Total Downloaded: 18.36 MB
19 – Masts and Aft Superstructure

Hello Modelers,

Some progress has been made as seen in the images. I spent much time during the last several months drawing and experimenting with various configurations for the masts. My objective was to keep a late 19th century appearance throughout. I knew I wanted high intensity lanterns at the top, so I did that and created “observation turrets” just below the “crows’ nests” and the lanterns. The portholes have a diameter of 3-feet, giving the crew wide angle views of the horizon. The lantern assemblies were created earlier (page 8 of this thread).

The crows nest floor, observation turret floor, and aft superstructure deck in the final image are all made with card. All other components were made with paper.

Since the aft superstructure area looks rather empty, I’ll begin work on that area next (image 152).

Kind Regards,
Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Ulfberht Project Scratch Concept Design 1:250 Scale-147-mast-assemblies.jpg   Ulfberht Project Scratch Concept Design 1:250 Scale-148-forward-aft-observation-turrets-03.jpg   Ulfberht Project Scratch Concept Design 1:250 Scale-149-forward-aft-observation-turrets.jpg   Ulfberht Project Scratch Concept Design 1:250 Scale-150-forward-observation-turret-01.jpg   Ulfberht Project Scratch Concept Design 1:250 Scale-151-aft-observation-turret.jpg  

Ulfberht Project Scratch Concept Design 1:250 Scale-152-components-stern-superstructure.jpg