View Single Post

Old 05-31-2022, 05:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.15 MB
Hello,

The fuselage cylinder sections are all built. Only a couple of the sections have been glued to another at this point; most are being stored this way for awhile.

I am pondering whether to do the rear airstairs. As can be seen in the second photo, the opening takes up most of that particular cylinder section. Since this cylinder section is like most of the others (just a skin with a frame at each end), when the sides are cut it is likely to allow the paper to spring back to a straighter shape instead of remaining circular. This won't look very good. I am thinking perhaps I should fashion some internal cardboard walls for the left and right sides of the opening which will also hold the skin in position. This cylinder is not glued to the adjacent cyclinder and so I can still easily get inside from that end.

If and when I do cut this opening, I'll do the left and right edges, then the rear-most edge, and leave the front attached to act as a hinge. I don't see any issues with building the stairs, just figuring out how to support the inside so the fuselage stays circular at the stairs.

Take care,
Kurt
Attached Thumbnails
1/33 Geli Caravelle - Austrian Airlines-img_2542.jpg   1/33 Geli Caravelle - Austrian Airlines-img_2543.jpg