View Single Post

Old 06-16-2022, 09:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPER FAN View Post
Keep building, develop your skills. This medium is extremely unique. It's not like going from plastic to resin or even wood. I considered myself pretty good in plastic but really took 4 kits or so before I felt comfortable. My first few builds were eventually torched. Now, I'll never go back to plastic, no need for toxic fumes and the selections offered by this medium far exceed the others.

Patience is crucial but so is practice. This particular kit is one of the simpler kits, but still a serious challenge for a 1st timer.
Thanks. I'll be starting over since my PE kits aren't here yet... Re-ordered the base model and forms from GPM. I will use this kit for practice and spares. My next biggest fear is how to laminate using CA. The glues I got Zap and Roket say to use 1 drop per square inch or something like that. Do I just dot-grid the back of the paper and roll onto cardboard? Would I need to spread with an old credit card? When I did a touch point test with CA on non matte sprayed paper it soaked through and darkened the other side. Will my planned Micador matte spraying prevent this with CA glue? I was using and probably will still use UHU for the card forms, however, I will be more precise and sparing with it as it's stringy and gummy.