View Single Post

Old 07-01-2022, 10:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.39 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacerunner View Post
Hello everybody,

as I have now discovered with horror, my NASA photos, which I've mostly linked to the Hi-Res. photos, are unfortunately no longer accessible, as the extremely helpful NASA Media archive is no longer updated and maintained by NASA, as one could read there until recently.

Source: NASA

The first part of the reference to flickr.com is correct indeed, but the search options there are quite spartan and a search for special content is like looking for a needle in a haystack, which one can forget.

The second part of the reference is simply Fake News because the site is no longer accessible.

This is all the more deplorable because I analyzed many details for my work and measured them for scratching this way, especially by zooming these photos.

So don't be surprised if the high resolutions of these photos are no longer found and an error message appears.
This is exactly the reason why I NEVER rely on the availability of online resources. I always save reference pictures and entire threads to my personal archive on a hard drive. Those infos are too precious and should not get lost. Sure it requires some work to save the files but it is worth it. I urge everyone to do the same. If you find something interesting - grab it immediately!