View Single Post

Old 07-04-2022, 01:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 31.19 MB
MCRN Donnager 4 years later

I know it's been a while, I've got excuses, I won't bore you with what I will do is show you what I've been working on for the last few months.

My intention was to spend a little hiatus between my old job and my new job late last year trying my hand at updating the very first model I tried my hand at. For anyone that cares this is the model I am talking about

The Expanse: MCRN Donnager

It's the MCRN Donnager from The Expanse. I wanted to apply all the thing I have learned in the four years and bring this awesome ship up to the same sort of look as my newer models. The idea was it would take a month or two but it grew arms and legs and has now taken seven months.

But enough of the history here's some pictures.

The first group of pictures are of the new model, the second are the new model with it's very old brother, their is also a picture of a fleet of three Donnagers (yes I actually now have a fleet) the middle ship was meant to be the updated one but I wasn't happy with it's size, detail or the ratios of some of the parts. The last few pics are the new model alongside some of the models.

Here's a Youtube link showing the old Blender model against the much more detailed newer version,

MCRN Donnager 4 years later - YouTube

Anyway I'll update this post in a day or two with links to let folk download the .SVGs, .PDFs and Blender files.

Next project is the Pella. I created Blender model for this around a year and a bit ago but with the ship getting much more screen time through the last season I can tell that my Blender model is going to need a series update as well.
Attached Thumbnails
MCRN Donnager 4 years later-don1.jpg   MCRN Donnager 4 years later-don2.jpg   MCRN Donnager 4 years later-don3.jpg   MCRN Donnager 4 years later-don5.jpg   MCRN Donnager 4 years later-don7.jpg  

MCRN Donnager 4 years later-dons1.jpg   MCRN Donnager 4 years later-dons2.jpg   MCRN Donnager 4 years later-dons3.jpg   MCRN Donnager 4 years later-dons4.jpg   MCRN Donnager 4 years later-dons5.jpg  

MCRN Donnager 4 years later-dons6.jpg   MCRN Donnager 4 years later-dontru.jpg   MCRN Donnager 4 years later-expanseships.jpg  

Last edited by Cheesy Wotsit; 07-04-2022 at 01:30 PM.