View Single Post

Old 07-28-2022, 05:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.57 MB
So I've invented a similar holding jig using anantimagnetic tweezers and a smaller clamp, what seemed safer to me,

especially since I was now able to use the more stable Magnet clamping technique again and the areas to be glued were much more accessible from the front too.

And for the MEK gluing I got the finest red sable brush,

whose brand name da Vinci - Maestro alone should guarantee quality,

and has gave me hope with its superfine tip.

And with this solution, I've quite successfully managed to glue the plates together, as one can see here. Only pushing the Clevis plates into the holder was quite difficult, because there was almost no clearance in their opening and the seat was therefore too tight, which I have to take into account with the remaining three Clevis brackets.

After I had carefully sanded out the opening with a strip of sandpaper a little bit, it was much easier to slide it in.

And after I had also smoothed the Tie-down Lug Plate on both sides a bit, it then also fitted well between the Clevis-Fork, wherewith I'm satisfied now.

Taking these findings into account, I should then be able to do the remaining three Clevises as well as the construction of the Transportation plates, which gives me confidence.

After cutting off the protruding base plate, the first of four Clevises is finally finished after a few birth pangs.

I'd rather do without the two handles for handling the original ca. 60 cm high holder,

Source: NASA (STS-135)

since they could just about be made with a length of 1 mm and a diameter of 0,1 mm, but their assembly would then be too risky and overkill.

If I can do the other three hold-down Clevises just as well, then I'll be satisfied already.

Launch Pad 39A with Challenger STS-6 (1:144)