Thread: Color Charts
View Single Post

Old 08-05-2022, 09:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
When one of the stationary shops in the town where I live, that also sold art supplies, closed, I bought a whole stack of watercolor paper in DIN A4 format. I will probably never run out of it.

The first photo shows the cover of a block of watercolor paper I bought when I was in high school, i.e., at the latest in 1981. I still have 4 sheets left.
I've got various other blocks, pads and individual sheets; hot-pressed, cold-pressed, lightweight, heavyweight ... I hope to use some of it up when I start printing.

The other photos are of my color charts for watercolors. I have five brands: Lukas, Winsor and Newton, Schmincke, Old Holland and Stockmar. I have one or two tubes of Winsor and Newton that I bought in the US. It's a good brand, but in Germany you pay for the name and I don't think they're better than Schmincke.

The owner of the art supply store in the town where I live, long closed, kind of pushed Lukas. This brand offers good quality for a reasonable price. I don't think they're as good as Schmincke, but they're perfectly good and I have a lot of them.

The Stockmar colors are for children and I specifically bought them for paper models because they are non-toxic. Otherwise, they're not comparable to the other brands.
Attached Thumbnails
Color Charts-hscf0001.jpg   Color Charts-hscf0002.jpg   Color Charts-hscf0003.jpg   Color Charts-hscf0004.jpg   Color Charts-hscf0005.jpg  

Color Charts-hscf0006.jpg   Color Charts-hscf0007.jpg   Color Charts-hscf0008.jpg   Color Charts-hscf0009.jpg   Color Charts-hscf0010.jpg  

Color Charts-hscf0011.jpg   Color Charts-hscf0012.jpg   Color Charts-hscf0013.jpg   Color Charts-hscf0014.jpg   Color Charts-hscf0015.jpg  

Color Charts-hscf0016.jpg   Color Charts-hscf0017.jpg   Color Charts-hscf0018.jpg   Color Charts-hscf0019.jpg