View Single Post

Old 08-06-2022, 10:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 10.08 MB
Armed Virginia Sloop - 1:100 - Seahorse

Having taken a pause from other builds, I decided I really need to know more about paper kits from other publishers than Shipyard, which is really about all I'm familiar with. I've completed three of their kits, including HMS Alert paper kit, the Cape Bowling Green lighthouse laser-cut kit, and the Bremen Cog laser-cut kit. So, now I turn my attention to the Armed Virginia Sloop paper model kit from Seahorse.

This is one of their lowest price kits at zł31.00, which is about about $7US. But, that's not the reason I got it. I got it because it seemed to be the simplest subject that I was truly interested in. I didn’t want something too complex and involved, but enough to give me a taste of building a kit from Seahorse.

I ended up getting the basic kit, the sail set, the laser-cut gun carriage set, and the laser-cut parts set. With international shipping, the whole thing cost me about $25.

I’m pretty impressed with the quality of the kit and the parts. This is billed as a skill level 3/5 kit.

This should be interesting!
Attached Thumbnails
Armed Virginia Sloop - 1:100 - Seahorse-img_4641.jpg   Armed Virginia Sloop - 1:100 - Seahorse-img_4640.jpg   Armed Virginia Sloop - 1:100 - Seahorse-img_4642.jpg   Armed Virginia Sloop - 1:100 - Seahorse-img_4643.jpg   Armed Virginia Sloop - 1:100 - Seahorse-img_4645.jpg  

Blog: shipmodeler.wordpress.com