View Single Post

Old 08-06-2022, 11:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 10.08 MB
The decks provided in the kit are nicely colored. They have the appearance of weathered wooden planks. The decks from the basic kit.

The second layer is now done. It took me a while to make sure that bulwarks piece was positioned correctly. I was worried about the gap below it, but as far as I can tell, this should be hidden pretty well when the final planking layer goes on. I think the main guide here was the scuppers, which open right at deck level.

Finally, small strips are cut and glued into place to create the thickness of the bulwarks. Note that I've also added the parts for the faces of the exposed bulkheads at the step of the deck, and at the front of the cabin.

So far, the build has been very easy, and the process only took a couple days up to this point. The next step gets harder, as I have to cut the paper parts for the inside and outside faces of the bulwarks, which includes cutting the gunports as well as the holes for the sweeps and also the scuppers. Then, I believe the final planking for the hull goes on.
Attached Thumbnails
Armed Virginia Sloop - 1:100 - Seahorse-img_4836.jpg   Armed Virginia Sloop - 1:100 - Seahorse-img_4840.jpg   Armed Virginia Sloop - 1:100 - Seahorse-img_4845.jpg  

Blog: shipmodeler.wordpress.com