View Single Post

Old 08-31-2022, 10:32 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
A small train from Modelik.

I must recognize that some time has passed since my last forum participation. The reason for such a long absence is 100% to my fault: sheer laziness to participate in the forum, as writing posts takes time. Thankfully, that laziness didn’t extend to kit assembling itself (much the opposite, indeed) and the result is that I have a huge number of pictures available to post. The not so good news is that the posts will occur much after the construction. I hope it will not be a real problem, as my memory about what happened during the assembly is not too bad. The pictures will be posted in the sequence they were taken and don’t be surprised if the assembly path is not always very linear…
You may remember that my preferred assembly methods are very basic. I stick to what comes in the kits and only paint the cut and fold edges, almost invariably with pens. In the case of train kits, I use to add rivets, simply cut on suitably colored thick paper, as painting the edges of a zillion rivets would be too much for my patience.
The subject of this thread is a complete train published by Modelik in 2003. It includes a tiny steam locomotive, two different cargo wagons and two passenger cars. I bought a copy of the original kit many years ago but the very sketchy instruction drawings and (mainly…) other kits prevented this one from reaching my workbench earlier.
As you can see in the pictures, the kit includes 15 A3 pages. I counted 1738 parts.
Attached Thumbnails
A small train from Modelik.-bn2t-c001.jpg   A small train from Modelik.-bn2t-c002.jpg   A small train from Modelik.-bn2t-c003.jpg   A small train from Modelik.-bn2t-c004.jpg   A small train from Modelik.-bn2t-c005.jpg  

A small train from Modelik.-bn2t-c006.jpg