View Single Post

Old 10-03-2022, 01:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 313.46 MB
Okay ... I am not a good model builder. So please accept my acknowledgement that this is coming out pretty rough. I seriously almost sent it to the kids' toy box, but the wife said she was cleaning it out and I couldn't add any more failed builds. So, I slog onward.

In retrospect, the instructions do indicate that several sections of the plating should be assembled together off-model and then added to the frame. I was worried that I wouldn't have good adhesion, especially since my ribs were a bit large and the plating wasn't reaching all the way to the deck. So, I went bit by bit and the result was several poor alignments IMO.

So cringe worthy.

Also, I'm a bit regretful that I didn't spray paint the interior of the skeleton a hull red or even black. The ribs do show through the exterior hull vents in several places. I think I'll come back with some brush painting to the vent at least. But I wonder, if I were to do this again, if I wouldn't source a "screen" material to cover the vent instead so that it look more like some of the plastic kit versions.