View Single Post

Old 10-30-2022, 04:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Capstan

Better late than never, when I first began detailing the Fantail I thought it was going to be a, "cake-walk" or if you prefer, a, "piece of cake", I was certainly mistaken!

The Line Capstan is actually a fairly complex piece of machinery and having "many moving parts" it took twice as long as I initially thought it would.

Still a few minor details to add but it is pretty much done.

Keep in mind that the coloration or "textures" that you see are "generic" specifically for expediting the progress as the primary objective is to get the model done ASAP and photo-realistic textures require a great amount of time that I currently don't have.

However, when the model is done I can then go back and add photo-realistic textures as any animation may require.

Since this capstan has "many moving parts" they all have potential for animation, the Fan Fare is next and the first deck will then be 99% complete with a few incidentals to be added when time allows.

I've included the "wire-frame" model that I work on during the week, rendering on weekends to detect any errors that may not be apparent when working with the wire-frame.

Yes, I know, "what has this got to do with paper models?" and yes, I'm getting there but I first have to complete the CGI model (stay tuned)

And another 30 video has been added to the channel->
Attached Thumbnails
DD 886 u.s.s. Orleck design process-orleck-temp0107.jpg   DD 886 u.s.s. Orleck design process-orleck-temp0108.jpg   DD 886 u.s.s. Orleck design process-orleck-temp0110.jpg   DD 886 u.s.s. Orleck design process-orleck-temp0111.jpg   DD 886 u.s.s. Orleck design process-orleck-temp0112.jpg