View Single Post

Old 09-22-2009, 02:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.54 MB
MM Aviation Contest- J7W1 SHINDEN

Contrary to all my preferences, I've decided to go ahead with the Shinden as my choice for my next MM aircraft. While there are other kits I'm more excited about building, I've had an itch to do this one for a long while, so this will be my attempt to scratch that itch.
MM Aviation Contest- J7W1 SHINDEN-img_2629.jpg
DISCLAIMER: This kit was designed by Bohdan Wasiak and may be crushed, burned, shredded or simply abandoned at any point in the construction attempt!
The kit is of what is probably the most immediately identifiable profile in WWII Japanese aircraft due to it's canard design. The design had only three aircraft built with only one with any flying time; about 45 min.
The kit itself is simple, if it fits. It does not come with any interior, nor is there any option for fitting one in, so I think I'll probably try to fit one in. ... if I can find some reference for it.
As is my fashion, my scans messed the color up considerably, but it doesn't look like the kit's original colors are very accurate to begin with.
MM Aviation Contest- J7W1 SHINDEN-img_2630.jpg
There's a misalignment on the red circle on one wing, but I'm not going to worry about it.
I also have Mr. Trotskiy's wonderful little Shinden model as a good luck charm on this build, so my hopes are high!
MM Aviation Contest- J7W1 SHINDEN-img_2631.jpg
Chris