View Single Post

Old 11-13-2022, 02:17 AM

Total Downloaded: 461.4 KB
Talking ...The Saga continues...

Hi there!

It is time again to re-open the shipyard and continue the saga of the famous build of the pirate ship Neptune, as the days here are again getting shorter, darker, and colder…

Seeing Tomek’s awesome build of De 7 Provincien inspired me to continue my own build of the Neptune.
I managed to pinch all the treenails, alter the hull with brown (burned umber) oil paint and get all the wales ready. So far, I glued them on the starboard side and continue with the larboard. Here just a small post of the progress thus far, I will explain things in the next post.

Progress is slow but steady. Thanks everyone for sticking with me!

Rgds,
Radek

…Septiember Anno Domini 1669…

-Get up, Antonio! There’s another dutch ship in the bay! This time it is the ‘De Zeven Provinciën’, build in 1664-65 by the famous master shipbuilder Zeehorseen Janszoon van den Tomek!

The ship was indeed impressive in size and beauty (pic.5) and was the flagship of Admiral Michel de Ruyter, who so famously humiliated the English during the Second Anglo-Dutch War, at the Four Day Battle and the Raid on the Medway.
Inspired by the sight, Radék de la Sol de la Santa Cruz de Brazíl continued working hard on the Neptune, wondering what the purpose of the dutch visit meant...

Of course, modern day historians got it all wrong again, and accredited the ship to have been build not by Zeehorseen Janszoon van den Tomek, but through some misfortunate misspelling in old documents to Salomon Janszeen van den Tempel. Also, the visit to the West Indies was falsely set to the year 1674, after the Third Anglo-Dutch War, instead, as it was witnessed by Radék de la Sol in 1669, ...before the War…”
Attached Thumbnails
Spanish pirate galleon "Neptune" 1:100 (scratch build)-sgn-141.jpg   Spanish pirate galleon "Neptune" 1:100 (scratch build)-sgn-142.jpg   Spanish pirate galleon "Neptune" 1:100 (scratch build)-sgn-143.jpg   Spanish pirate galleon "Neptune" 1:100 (scratch build)-sgn-144.jpg   Spanish pirate galleon "Neptune" 1:100 (scratch build)-sng_the_dutch_ship_zeven_provincien-_by_willem_van_de_velde_the_elder.jpg  

In the Garage: PANHARD AML20