View Single Post

Old 11-21-2022, 06:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 117.37 MB
I haven't updated this thread in a long while (almost six months!!). I haven't worked on the model in 4 or 5 months, not for lack of time, but more for other hobbies/priorities. I did a few plastic models and realized that while I love building them, I find masking/painting to be complete tedium. Edge coloring doesn't really bother me, and I love the process of cutting parts out, trimming as needed, and seeing how things fit together, so I'm back to card as my favored medium

I wasn't sure if I was going to continue with this model or move on to something else, for a few reasons. I'm not thrilled with how I did the formers - I used soda cases for laminating but I didn't have enough cases to put all of the parts on flat sections, so some of the formers have a crease in them. I also laminated two sheets of card together in a few spots but didn't do a great job with adhesive so the thickness isn't very uniform. In addition, the pilot seat doesn't really fit (pics in a later post) and I'm not sure how to fix it.

THAT SAID, I've decided to try and finish this model. I LOVE the Nighthawk and would love to have a model of it. I'm also fairly new to card models and have several models in my stash that I would consider very advanced, so the more practice I have with modelling in general as well as fixing mistakes, the better off I'll be to tackle those projects.

I'm planning to update this thread with images in a few separate posts to get you guys caught up, then I'll try to do better about updating